PLEASE READ AND SIGN THE PETITION ONLINE
Please do not donate, sharing is much more appreciated. We’re not asking for money, just your support.
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS
Firstly, thank you to all the people who have and continue to try enact change, people who have taken the time to speak to us and especially those who have already been working and volunteering behind the scenes to build a better system and transition to the generational change we require. Whilst we wish many of you could join us, we genuinely respect the positions of you may be in and the restrictions that go with them.
One Community One Standard is a group of men and women, including respected indigenous elders and concerned citizens, who have come together to address a community issue on youth crime. This group has been born out of sheer frustration due to the inadequate laws that are failing our communities and juvenile offenders.
Our mission is to change the youth justice legislation to reflect community standards and expectations. We demand all three levels of government to come together and remove the system impediments and with further delay allow the implementation of programs to enat the generation change we require.
WE NEED TO BREAK THE CYCLE
- Consequences for actions – no more catch and release
- Review consequences at Cleveland and Alternative Sentencing procedures – Off the street and onto remote stations.
- Enforceable curfews for safe houses and bail houses – off the street now
- Implement smarter and proven rehabilitation and educational programs.
- Mentored transition back in the community.
- Transparency and community updates of all the programs, costs, goals, achievements and developments for the future.